Corporate Social Responsibility
‘Never respect men merely for their riches, but rather for their philanthropy; we do not value the sun for its height, but for its use.’ – Gamaliel Bailey
There is a difference between Man and the rest of Nature. In latter, ‘survival of the fittest’ is observed; large animals eat smaller ones, large trees wipe out smaller shrubs and plants as they grow. However, Man has created a new perspective, one of solidarity, of helping one another. This core desire to aid those in need – those who have not been as fortunate and privileged as the rest of us, is what drives us as human beings. It is said, ‘to be human is to be humane.’ At JENO maran, our aim is not only to provide quality products to our clients, but also to achieve a sense of peace and satisfaction as to our social responsibilities. We take CSR very seriously, and have tried to aid society in various ways, as and when and in whatever way and capacity possible. We envisage care towards nature & environment. As a squirrels job we have taken up:
- We envisage care towards nature & environment. As a squirrels job we have taken up tree growing services since 2001. More than 4000 live trees in 10 to 12 residential colonies in Puducherry and some streets within Puducherry Boulevard the standing proof for our care towards nature. Tree growing services is being continued year after year and every year we add minimum of 300 living trees to our account.
- Our understanding of the world takes into perspective not only the present issues, but also the future, and hence, we ensure that educational activities are given prime importance in our work, as those educated today will shape a better tomorrow. Considering this, as the first step, we have provided notebooks and guides to various Government Schools.
- Regarding the present, however, we have done a lot of work in various areas of concern, such as environmental issues, one of which was the planting of an ‘Herbal Garden’ on the Bharathi Dhasan Women’s College (Puducherry) campus. We have also ensured that all our completed projects have a rainwater harvesting system installed, and on the other hand, have set up sewage water recycling systems on our major projects.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide for those who are physically challenged in any way, and hence we have put in a cash donation to the Deaf and Dumb Association, hoping that the proceeds can aid as many people as possible. We also recognise the importance of Polio Drops for future generations, and thus, have organized free food and refreshments for those volunteering at these camps.
- Our aid to orphanages and old age homes has been in the form of good quality, free food for those living there.
- We realise the significance of ensuring good health for those around us, and hence, have organized numerous free Medical Camps and counseling sessions for our own workers and labourers.
While we have achieved a little in each of these areas, our aspiration is to do much more for the world, and we sincerely hope to fulfill it.